Edgewood Vets is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, and our premises how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may update this Policy from time to time so please check this page periodically to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you agree to be bound by this policy.
Edgewood Vets is a group of veterinary practices and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 7111732. Our registered address Edgewood Veterinary Group Ltd, Chelmsford Road, Purleigh, Essex, CM3 6QR. We are registered for VAT purposes with registration number 102853302.
Lawful basis for processing your data
Organisations are permitted to process data if they have a legal basis for doing so. Edgewood Vets processes data on the basis that:
As your chosen veterinary surgery, we have a legitimate interest in processing your data. This includes some or all the following:
- To enable us to provide our veterinary services to clients
- Where the processing enables us to enhance and personalize our services and communication for the benefit of our clients and patients.
- To provide communications including postal, which we think will be of interest to you
- To better understand how people, interact with our website to enable us to improve the information and facilities available through it.
- To contact you regarding any promotion or discount we may have available on the services or products you use.
It is necessary in relation to a contract or agreement which you have entered into. This may include:
- Joining our healthcare plan
- Taking out a finance agreement
Information we collect about you
We obtain information about you when you use our website which is anonymised and is returned to us via google by way of an analytics report. This shows us trends in searches, page visits and the type of information generally seek. This helps us with how we place information on our website and what areas to upgrade or improve so you can get what you need sooner.
We store information about you and your pet for example, when you contact us about registering your pet, booking online, finding out more about products and services, or if you register to receive our newsletter.
The type of information we collect
The personal information we collect might include:
- your name
- email address
- mobile/contact number
- Pet details (age/breed/weight/health conditions & history)
CCTV and Audio recording
This practice is dedicated to the improvement of clinical and customer care. We digitally record images and audio to assist with staff training and for the safety of pets, clients and staff and the monitoring of the security of premises. For more information please read our CCTV policy.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information to:
- contact you about your pet’s treatment
- contact you about promotions or offers that are specifically relevant
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications, which you have requested, and that may be of interest
- to carry out analysis, improve the quality of our services and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Training and security purposes – see CCTV Policy
How long do we store your data
We review our data retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example our healthcare plan provider and patient records for the RCVS for 7 years). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us (i.e. Pet Health Club).
Where we store your personal data
As part of the services we offer to you, the information which you provide to us is stored within our bespoke practice management system. The backup servers for the system are held within our Purleigh practice which are stored within a secure and locked room. Records will be available to print/download onto paper or PDF for the benefit of patient care and transferring records.
Your data may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). This may happen if any of our servers are ever located in a country outside of the EU. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. This will also be done with notice.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU to provide you with those services.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of providing services to you (for example to send you appointment reminders). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. We will not release your information to third parties unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
If you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check their policy.
- You have a choice about the type of information you receive from us. As a client of our services, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database operated by us and we will contact you about your pet’s treatment using your preferred method of communication.
- You have the right to access information held about you. If you wish to see a copy of your data, please contact us. We will provide this data within a few days (not exceeding one month). Please see our SAR (Subject Access request) protocol for more information.
- You have the right to request the movement of your data from one surgery to another. We will only transfer data to another surgery with your consent.
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know.
- We will only send you direct marketing communications by email, phone or text message about new products and services if you have consented to receive them. We will ask you to confirm your consent to receive direct marketing when you first register with us and again at each visit to the surgery.
- You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01621 828381.
- If you wish to speak our Data Protection Manager please ask to speak to Gemma Higgs, email: email@example.com or by calling 01621 828381.
- You have a right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.